10 November 2011

Fall colors around Kamnik

This year's fall colors arrived late. There was the Indian summer that we had, and then in mid-October, the temperatures plummeted to around zero and turned rain into snow. Snow on trees that were still green and hadn't even turned colors yet! Now the colors appeared in a matter of days and the leaves are already falling off. I was waiting for some nice sunny weather, but it has been foggy and cloudy, so I had to forget about nice vivid foliage in the sun.

I climbed the Stari grad hill above Kamnik twice this week. Here are a few photos from the top when the sun even managed to peak from behind the clouds for five seconds:
View of Kamnik from Stari grad hill

View of Kamnik from Stari grad hill

I stopped several times on the way to the top the second time:
Fall colors on Stari grad hill

Fall colors on Stari grad hill

Fall colors on Stari grad hill

Fall colors on Stari grad hill

Fall colors on Stari grad hill

Fall colors on Stari grad hill

Fall colors on Stari grad hill

It was getting dark and I was on my way back down when I saw these two horses:
Fall colors on Stari grad hill

I am still hoping to get some more fall photos this year! :)

No comments: