17 March 2010

Above the sea of clouds

With the weather forecast promising blue skies in the mountains there was only one thing to do: let's go skiing! I was a bit disappointed when I got up in the morning and the sky was overcast, but after checking the webcam on Krvavec we didn't hesitate. We drove to Kriška planina to avoid having to take the cable car, and we broke the layer of clouds at about 1100 meters. After that it was pure joy. The sun was shining, there was no wind and the pistes were to die for. They hadn't been groomed that well for quite a while, at least on all of my visits in the last few years.
As on most of my recent skiing trips I didn't lug my equipment with me, just a small compact camera. I think I'm getting lazy. :)










3 comments:

Sandi said...

Po dolgem času sem ponovno na obisku in vidim, da je letošnja smučarija bila uspešna ter vreme naklonjeno. Bele strmine so pa pravljica zase.

Glede na okornost DSRL-jev in smučarsko aktivnost je skoraj samoumevno, da si s seboj vzela kompakta :) Jaz sem svojega tudi doma pustil ;)

Ana Pogačar said...

Ojla, Sandi! Jaz letos štepam po nekaj ur smučanja, pa se po malem nabere. :) Kako, a res nisi vzel fotoaparata na tiste prostrane francoske planjave?? Jaz sem se pa že veselila fotk. :)

Sandi said...

Sicer aparat sem imel s seboj, ampak verjela ali ne, sem ga zavestno vedno v apartmaju pustil. Zaradi pokrajin je dih nemalokrat zastajal in prekleto žal mi je bilo, da sem brez njega. Po drugi strani nisem hotel tvegati s padci :) Bo časa naslednjo sezono ;)

Lp